Join us on Thursday, January 21, 2016 at 1:30 pm (EST) for a free introductory webinar navigating the new SEAD infrastructure for managing, interpreting, sharing, curating, preserving, and publishing data. The webinar will be based on the beta release of the next major version of the SEAD hosted end-to-end data services — SEAD 2.0, scheduled for deployment in May 2016. The webinar attendees will preview what’s coming next in SEAD 2.0, including:
- An automated way to create new Project Spaces in SEAD with a click of a button.
- A clean and responsive interface for an easy creation of a dataset, and upload and management of multiple files for a dataset;
- A simplified way to add custom metadata using custom individual terms as well as external schemas and ontologies;
- A new publication process that includes a Staging Area where you can make any final updates, and choose, with the help of the SEAD Matchmaker, an appropriate repository for your data;
- A streamlined publishing workflow with more repository choices, better tracking of your publication requests, and improved landing pages for your published data.
The webinar will be presented by Anna Ovchinnikova, SEAD User Education and Support Specialist, and James Myers, SEAD Co-PI and Chief Architect. The recording of the webinar is now available here.